Jun 20, 2024  
2013-2014 College Catalog 
2013-2014 College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Addendum A

A list of acceptable primary and secondary documentation follows.

  1. Primary forms of documentation:
  • Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
  • Unexpired Alabama identification card
  • Unexpired U.S. Passport
  • Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
  • Resident Alien Card- Pre-1997
  • Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
  • U.S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form 1-151) prior to 1978
  • BIA or tribal identification card with photo
  1. If an applicant cannot present primary documentation, he/she must provide two secondary forms of documentation, one of which must be a photo identification card. In addition to the photo identification card, an applicant must present one of the following:
  • U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
  • Social Security Card
  • Certified copy of a U.S. Birth Certificate or a U.S. State Department Certificate of Birth Abroad
  • U.S. Certificate of Citizenship
  • U.S. Military ID Card (active duty, reserve, retired)
  • U.S. Military ID Card
  • U.S. armed forces driver’s license
  • Legal guardian affidavit
  • Selective service card
  • W-2 form
  • U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs card
  • Concealed weapons permit
  • Medical insurance ID card (including AHCCCS ID card)
  • Professional license
  • Bank card
  • Credit card
  • Employee ID badge (with photo)
  • School ID (with photo)
  • Marriage certificate issued in any U.S. state, territory, or possession
  • Certified letter of identification for a ward of the court, issued by a court or government agency in the U.S.
  • Documents from a court of record (certified copy), Divorce decree, Adoption decree, Name change decree, Bankruptcy decree, Emancipation decree
  • BIA or tribal affidavit of birth or certificate of Indian blood
  • USCIS 194 or I94A form
  • USCIS employment authorization document (I688A, I-688B, 1-766)
  • U.S. military DD-214
  • U.S. travel document (mint green cover) endorsed with Permit to re-enter (Form 1327 or refugee travel document Form 1-571)
  • U.S. application for voluntary departure under the family unity program (Form I-797)
  • U.S. temporary resident card (Form 1-688)
  • U.S. notice of approval to apply for permanent residents (Form I-171 or 1-463)
  • Other documentation issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services; or, documentation presenting a status permitted under 8U.S. Code § 1621 and 1641
  1. An applicant must submit the documentation required under paragraph 1 above in person or through a notarized copy by U.S. mail.