The Industrial Electronics program prepares students for careers as electronic technicians. Technicians are involved in all phases of industrial and commercial installation, service, and repair of today’s modern equipment. Students will learn about many areas of electronics, including basic electronics, solid-state devices, pulse and switching circuits, computers, motor controls, robotics, programmable logic controllers, hydraulic/pneumatic systems, tools and test equipment. Students will have the opportunity to take a national certification test and, if successful, will be recognized as certified electronic technicians.
Prerequisite Coursework if Required by Placement Testing
Area I - Written Composition: 3 Hours
Area II - Humanities and Fine Arts: 6 Hours
Area III - Natural Science or Mathematics: 9-10 Hours
Note: BIO 201 and BIO 202 do NOT count for natural science credit.
Area IV - History, Social, and Behavioral Sciences: 4 Hours
- ORI 101 - Orientation to College 1 Hour
- History or Social/Behavioral Science 3 Hours *
*Choose from anthropology, economics, geography, history, political science, psychology, or sociology.
Area V - Technical Concentration and Electives: 45 Hours
- ILT 100 - Applied Electronic Computations 3 Hours: 3T
- ELT 100 - Applied Electronic Computation 3 Hours: 3T *
- ILT 106 - Concepts of Direct Current 5 Hours: 3T, 2L
- ELT 108 - DC Fundamentals 3 Hours: 1T, 2L *
- ILT 107 - Concepts of Alternating Current 5 Hours: 3T, 2L
- ELT 109 - AC Fundamentals 3 Hours: 1T, 2L *
- ILT 111 - Concepts of Solid State Electronics 5 Hours: 3T, 4L
- ELT 221 - Electronics for Electricians 3 Hours: 2T, 1L *
- ILT 112 - Concepts of Digital Electronics 5 Hours: 3T, 4L
- ILT 113 - Concepts of Electronic Circuits 5 Hours: 3T, 4L
- ILT 167 - AC/DC Machinery and Controls I 3 Hours: 2T, 1L
- ELT 117 - AC/DC Machines 3 Hours: 1T, 4L *
- ILT 169 - Hydraulics/Pneumatics 3 Hours: 2T, 1L
- ILT 194 - Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers 3 Hours: 2T, 1L
- ELT 230 - Programmable Controls 6 Hours: 4T, 4L *
- ILT 195 - Troubleshooting Techniques I 3 Hours: 2T, 2L
- ILT 197 - Motor Controls I 3 Hours: 1T, 4L
- ELT 209 - Motor Controls I 3 Hours: 1T, 4L *
- ILT 216 - Industrial Robotics 3 Hours: 3T
- ILT 217 - Industrial Robotics Lab 2 Hours: 2L
- ILT 276 - Elements of Industrial Control II 3 Hours: 3T
- ILT 277 - Elements of Industrial Control II Lab 2 Hours: 2L
*Substituting ELT equivalent may necessitate additional coursework to obtain Industrial Electronics AAS degree due to ELT and ILT credit hour differences. Approval for any additional coursework taken, to complete the ILT AAS degree, must be provided by the ILT Division Chair prior to registration.
Area V - For MBUSI and NUCOR ONLY: 8 Hours
Must complete additional 8 credit hours from any of the following courses.
Total Credit Hours Required for Degree: 75-76 Hours